Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Not that it really matters anyway...

But I feel bored with alot of the old stuff that used to excite me. I think this is a normal thing for most people, so I don't really feel like I'm an oddball or anything like that. Just that it's odd.

Case in point, there are a few webcomics that I used to love reading everytime a new one popped up. But lately, they are just boring me. XKCD mainly. It's just...not funny anyway. Maybe it's just the type of humor is wearing thin, or maybe the artist is just running out of ideas. Either way, I don't really rush to read the new ones or anything. I still keep up, but I think that's becoming more out of habit than anything else.

Humor is an interesting thing sometimes. Most of the time really. Spock claims it to be an illogical concept. I would agree. It often doesn't make sense what's funny and what isn't. I mean, it's hilarious when Wil E. Coyote falls off a cliff, but in most cases, it's an intense and stressful event. Most comedies to me, are not funny. There are a few yes, that I will laugh at. And even fewer that are still funny some time later. But Austin Powers never really did it for me. Nor Jim Carey, or Adam Sandler. And what the hell, can we move on from Dane Cook? He is not funny. He just says the same word over and over again until you laugh at it. He's the flesh and blood equivalent of that Foamy the Squirrel* flash cartoon.

Maybe I am just jaded when it comes to these things, but I don't really find dick and fart jokes funny. It's different though, when you and some friends are cutting up. For some reason, that's a different matter. I dunno.

But like Spock said, it's illogical.

1) http://tinyurl.com/23vqy7

with ya gangsta lean

2 comments:

Unknown said...

fart jokes are still funny Adam.

Nia said...

*shifty eyes* I sorta like Dane Cook, but I still laugh at Foamy.


I think out of webcomics, I love PA the best.